Friday 1 August 2014

July's Top 5 Summer Beauty Picks

Hi everyone! It's finally August, so instead of me doing a "July Favorites" video where I usually always include the same stuff as all other months because when I find something I like, I stick to it for a really long time and it's my favorite in a long time..

So I've picked out my 5 most used makeup items this month. It has been a really warm summer in Denmark this year, and at my work where I have been most of the time, we don't have an aircondition so it's been even hotter in the store 'Ugh.. So it has been a challenge to have some makeup on that would stay through the heat, and that's what all these has done!

I wanna start with the Mac Mineral Foundation. I always like to use powder foundations/mineral foundations in the summer as it's not that heavy on the skin, and your skin gets to breathe, also it makes your skin matte for a while. I'm normally more into the brand "BareMinerals" but my foundation from there is too dark as I bought it the time I had a really nice tan.. Long time ago!

The best concealer I've ever tried might just be the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. The bad thing about this, is that the color that fits most people is sold out everywhere! So I have this in the lightest color as I thought I would just use it as a highlighter (And sometimes under my eyes) Im just sad I can't use it for more than that without looking dumb, because it's really good and it stays on for a really long time!

Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner is the best eyeliner I've ever tried, and yeah I've tried a lot. I'm a bit of a eyeliner-addict. Most eyeliners like this, dries out after about 2 weeks, but I've had this for months now and it still works wonders! When I was still in school I always came home with eyeliner and mascara under my eyes because when I smile it kinda hits under my eyes somehow, and when I laugh a lot, as I did at my old school (not joking) I begin to get teary eyed. We might all do that sometimes? But I did it a lot, so I've had to change all my eye makeup to waterproof haha :D At that time I used a Rimmel London or Maybelline eyeliner, and they just didn't work good enough. But after I've changed I've had no troubles with makeup underneath my eyes!

As for the mascara, I've always had problems with my eyelashes, because they really like to just lay straight down, so I always curl them for a really long time, and use waterproof mascara because it holds them up for a longer time. Even though I've always did that, they always laid down flat throughout the day, UNTIL I found the CoverGirl LashBlastVolume mascara! My eyelashes stay fabulous all day, and it's absolutely amazing!

The last thing on my list is the Gosh Lipliner in the color "Nougat Crisp". I was looking for a lip color that looked a bit like Kylie Jenner's, nice and natural, and so I found this lip liner, as I couldn't really find a lipstick, and I'm normally not much of a lipstick person. The lipliner is just as good as using a lipstick though, but it would be even better if I could find a lipstick in the matching color, but by now, I'm only using the lipliner and some lip balm.

What is your favorite summer beauty picks? Leave them in a comment below! :D xx

No comments:

Post a Comment